The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development does not hold insurance for personal property brought to schools and it has no capacity to pay for any loss or damage to such property.

TC does not offer insurance either.  Parent/guardians are advised to engage suitable 24 hours or school day insurance, privately, at their own discretion, to cover for potential accidents and items.

Insurance (vehicles)

Any vehicle used in connection with the school program or any school function must have a comprehensive insurance policy that includes liability at law by way of damages to an amount of not less than $20million and an indemnity to the Crown.  

Prior to using the vehicle for official purposes, and prior to any reimbursement by the School Council to the claimant for out of pocket expenses incurred, the principal must receive a completed and signed Application to Use a Private Vehicle on Official Duty form as well as copies of current driver’s license, current vehicle registration certificate and copy of insurance policy as detailed above.

Damage to vehicles parked on school grounds is not covered by the Department of Education insurance.