At Templestowe College we believe that the best way to decide if this school is right for you is to have an individual discussion with us where we talk about what you and your family want from your child's education. This will include a tour of the school where you can see our learning community in operation rather than a special program conducted on an Open Day.
The enrolling of students from Grade 6 is jointly managed with the local primary schools, following statewide procedures. Parents are strongly encouraged to contact and visit the school before making an enrolment decision. For other levels, enrolments are managed by the Principal Class.
We conduct our tours during the week commencing at 9am and running for approximately 1.5 hours.
For all PRIMARY School students bookings can be made by clicking the tour button to the right.
Please note that we do not conduct tours for students transferring from other secondary schools. For those who live in the TC Neighbourhood zone please call 98514605 to discuss a tour/interview.
For all other enquiries please contact Wendy Harford, Registrar on 9851 4605
Templestowe College is a dynamic community and is skilled at managing students entering the College from primary school at Entry Level, or from secondary school at Flexible Learning Environment (FLE) level. Likewise our students are friendly and welcoming to new students.
We work closely with many primary schools in the surrounding areas, assisting with transition evenings, and meeting with the Grade 6 students and their families as part of the overall transition process.
- Initial tour of school
- Welcome letter from Principal, Peter Ellis
- Community Information Evening for students and families
- Orientation Day
- Entry Start Day (Entry familiarisation, Day 1, Term 1)
- Entry Camp (Early Term 1, team building)
- Community Events
- Meet the teacher (for parents)
- Initial tour of school
- Individual meeting
- Welcome email from Head of House
- Subject Selection
- Meet Head of House and student buddy on start date
All enrolments are now managed electronically. Once accepted you will receive a username and password to access the enrolment forms, subject selection and all other information required.
Information for new students
Transport Information (Updated March 2018)
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Requirements for those enrolling at the beginning of 2018
Enrolment Capacity Restriction
Please be aware TC now has an Enrolment Capacity Restriction in place.
Priority Order of Placement as per DET requirements
Where there are insufficient places at a school for all students who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school.
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds
BOUNDARIES FOR TEMPLESTOWE COLLEGE
Please note that we follow the Department of Education and Training (DET) policy for admissions into TC. This can be found by clicking here.
Term Dates 2018
Term 1: Entry and VCE Students Return - 31st January, everyone else returns on the 1st February.
Term 1 Ends 29 March
Term 2: 16 April - 29 June
Term 3: 16 July - 21 September
Term 4: 08 October - 21 December